The holiday season is a wonderful time of year to capture memories we make with our friends and family, but don’t forget about your furry family members!! Here is a fun and easy craft to make with your pet that can be shown around the house for many years to follow!
PAW PRINT ORNAMENT
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Straw/pen for punching a hole
- Preheat Oven to 200 degrees
- Mix the salt, flour, and water in a bowl until it becomes firm.
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds.
- Place dough on aluminum or parchment paper. Use a cup to cut individual circles.
- Press your dogs paw into the salt dough and use a straw/pen cap to make a small hole at the top. ( If you’re feeling fancy, use a toothpick to write your pets name below the paw print.
- Bake at 200 degrees in the oven for 2-3 hours or until completely dry.
- LET IT COOL COMPLETELY
- Use a colorful ribbon to attach and hang it wherever.
You can decorate your ornament to your liking!! Here are a couple ideas:
- Use chalkboard paint to paint over the dough and write your pets name and the year with a colorful piece of chalk
- Use glitter glue to color in your pets pawprint
- Mold the dough into your favorite shape!